Situated within the Cairngorms National Park, Avielochan is approximately 3 miles north of Aviemore which is off the main A9 Perth to Inverness road
- -Take the B9152 north towards Carrbridge/Grantown on Spey.
- -After approx 1 mile at the Granish Junction this road becomes the A95
- -Continue for 1 mile until you see on the left side a sign for Avielochan, this track leads to the Farm and Hill View Cottage.
- -100 metres along there is another entrance on left and right with sign on left saying ‘Avielochan Farm Holiday Cottages’.
- -For Lochside Cottage, The Croft and The Hide take the right turn
- -Go past two big houses, through the gate (usually open) and the cottages and caravan are on your left opposite the loch.